On Saturday, while Dave was busy studying, I ventured out with my friend Marguerite to go hiking. We drove (for about 35 minutes) to Grand Etang Lake and Forest Reserve. The main attraction of the reserve is Grand Etang Lake, which fills the crater of one of the island's largest, extinct volcanoes. The lake is surrounded by both mountains and rainforest, so you truly do get the best of both worlds. Before the hike, we were hoping to be able to feed the monkeys, but there were none to be found.
We were off to hike Mt. Qua Qua, which rises to over 2,370 ft. high!
Typically on this hike, there are periods of rain and slippery sections where the dirt has turned to mud. Luckily, we picked a perfect day...no mud and no rain...just gorgeous views. I'm not even sure the photographs capture how incredible it really was...
A picture from our first stop (you can see Grand Etang Lake)
Another quick stop to enjoy the view
Simply amazing
I had a blast...what a great day! When Dave gets a day off, this is definitely something to do again...he's gotta experience this!
No comments:
Post a Comment