Sunday, May 10, 2009

Highlights of this week

This past week, Dave has been really busy studying!! To help you fully understand what that means, for the past few days I would guess that Dave has probably studied about 12-15 hours a day. Medical school really is only for people who truly want to be doctors. Otherwise, you'd never make it. I'm so proud of you honey!

As for myself, my week has been filled with the usual errands and adventures (grocery shopping, walking, yoga, etc.) In addition to the normal fun-filled outings and activities, my class read their poetry at a reading that I had set up outside of a bookstore at a local mini-mall. It was a success and a fabulous experience for the kids! I was so pleased with my class...they did a wonderful job!

Here I am talking to the poets as well as the audience.

On Saturday, two fellow SOs and I took some children from a local orphanage to the dentist. As we all know, the dentist can be a scary place when you are younger, so we could actually only get one child into the (space chair) long enough to get his teeth cleaned. The others were too nervous. It was fine though, and hopefully they will feel more comfortable next time they go. The best part of the day was that after the dentist, we took the kids to the local mall to buy a toy. Their eyes lit up as they entered the toy store, and they each chose something within 10 seconds. They all left (toys in hand and partially ripped open) to head back to the orphanage. It is truly an amazing experience to be able to touch these kids' lives, even for short visits.

...right before heading to the mall.

The last significant event of the week was a snorkeling and sailing trip that I went on this morning. I would have loved for Dave to come, but he was studying and it's sometimes actually better for me to be out of the house when he's studying anyway. We snorkeled and saw the underwater sculpture garden (I have seen this before)...it always amazes me. http://www.underwatersculpture.com/

Here's our boat!


Here I am ready to see some cool fish!


This is me and Nicole hanging out. We had so much fun!


Well, I'm off to school tomorrow. This is my last week...it's definitely bittersweet. Dave has his finals this week. I know he'll do well.

Good luck sweetheart!!

No comments:

Post a Comment