Friday, March 20, 2009

Midterms...yay!

Dave finished midterms!! Yay!! Ok, so I'm a little bit late on posting this note (he finished on the 13th), but I was not about to interrupt the chance of getting to hang out by spending time blogging. After countless hours of studying (reading, making flashcards, studying slides, etc.), he made it through his dreaded week of tests.  

After seeing how much studying is actually required to not only pass medical school, but to get B's or A's...I know now that I definitely don't have the academic stamina for it. I always considered myself a pretty good student, and I suppose that if I had a passion for looking at dead bodies and studying the minutia of human anatomy, I could do it, but I'd simply rather not. Those things just don't appeal to me. Nonetheless, I greatly admire those who do find passion in medicine!

So...Dave survived the week and that meant that we finally got to hang out...yay! We celebrated by going out to a wonderful dinner at The Beach House on Saturday, and then we got to stay up late and watch a movie and eat popcorn (one of our favorite things to do) the next night. After that, the studying began again...ugh! The thing about med school is that because your "SO" is so busy studying and because the schedule is so intense, you really do learn to make any time together count. It's the stolen moments that make it all worth while. Great job honey!!

No comments:

Post a Comment