Sunday, March 1, 2009

Last Week's Top Ten

So, here's a quick re-cap of the top ten most exciting events of last week:

1. Dave put in a gagillion hours studying for his midterms (they are next week).

Unfortunately, this is the angle I see of him most often these days. He's still cute even from the back. 

2. I saw the sunrise one morning, and it was simply magnificent!


3. I was again fascinated that much of the gardening in Grenada is done with machetes.

4) I was sent home from school one day with a coconut (they even asked me if I knew how to use my machete to chop it open). I laughed and said, "Of course I don't know how to use my machete." I mean come on...really. 

Here's a picture of Dave enjoying the coconut water from the coconut that I brought home. It's the liquid that comes out of the coconuts down here. They say it's extremely good for you. I think it tastes weird. 


5. After the water was gone, Dave decided to try his hand at getting the coconut open the way the locals do it. Don't worry, he was very careful!

His skills didn't seem quite as polished as theirs. He definitely had fun trying though.


6. After the attempted robbery next door, we decided to make a homemade security system for our patio door. My idea was to simply push the beanbag chair in front of the door so the burgler would fall on the way in, Dave thought that tying a string with an anchor to the door was a much better idea. He was probably right.


7. I went on a sunset cruise. It poured rain and I felt seasick, but at least they had champagne. 



8. My girlfriends and I threw my friend Julie a baby shower (there were lots of homemade gifts as you might imagine). It was super fun! 



9. I saw the best rainbow I've ever seen (even though it was cloudy).


The big 10...drumroll please...
We moved to an apartment with air conditioning. YAY!!!! Pictures to come...

Gotta love it here. Every day is an adventure!
  

1 comment: