Monday, August 31, 2009

Top 5!

I feel like I have way too much to talk about in any coherent fashion, so here are the top 5 highlights from last week:

One...Dave's Birthday
On Dave's birthday eve, we enjoyed a delicious italian dinner at his favorite restaurant, LaLuna. Then on his actual birthday, we had a fun afternoon opening cards and presents from home (thank you!!!). Then I cooked his favorite dinner, and we feasted on my homemade carrot cake for dessert. I think he had a great birthday this year!



Two...Dave did awesome on his two finals (Genetics and Parasitology). Yay!!

Three...Orphanage Beach Day
This is really an amazing event that occurs every Saturday morning on Grand Anse beach. The children's homes trade off saturdays visiting the beach. The kids are SO excited to be there, and it is such a treat to be able to spend the morning with them on the beach!



Four...I had a business meeting here.


Five...Chili cook-off
When you live on a tropical island, there isn't always a lot to do. Living down here really teaches you to make your own fun. Last night, the folks (students and SOs) in one of the apt complexes down here decided to host a chili cook-off. What made this so fun was that there were people from all over making what you'd assume to be the same dish. However, everyone brought their own style. I entered last minute and made a quick veg/meat chili (Dave named it "NJ...only the strong survive"). There were 9 chili entries in total, and my friend Julie won with "Don't mess with Texas." I think the name says it all...pretty intimidating if you ask me. I agreed that Julie's was the best!! I definitely went back for seconds!

1 comment:

  1. I'm honored, I made your blog! Couldn't have done it without that big pot of yours. :)

    ReplyDelete